Labels

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

                                      Politician in California





Duties and responsibilitiesA political science degree can lead to all sorts of careers in both the private and public sectors, from attorney to lobbyist to FBI agent to journalist and beyond. Most positions are attainable with a bachelor's degree in political science, although some do require a graduate degree even at the entry level.

Salary:$69,908-$153,316 

Education:Depending upon the college or university you choose, an undergraduate political science degree can be a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science or a Bachelor of Science in Political Science. Most schools require that students take a minimum number of courses in their major, usually from 30 to 45 credits. Some schools also have different concentrations or emphasis that you can take along with a political science major. Examples would be a concentration in political economy, pre-law, political policy or international relation. Earning a master's degree in political science usually involves taking approximately 30 more college credits beyond a bachelor's degree. These courses are generally at a more advanced level than those found in an undergraduate political science program. Graduate degree holders in political science will find that other career opportunities exist, such as teaching at the college level, public policy analysis, lobbyist, and legislative assistant. If you choose to get a Ph.D. in political science, your main career path will most likely be as a college professor.

Reflection: Since I was a child my passion has always dreamed to join the law industry. Not only did I enjoy it because of the T.V Shows I would watch but because it was something that I knew I could help people out with. Regardless of how long it might take for me to reach that goal I know I want to study political science and that's where I'm going to aim.  

No comments:

Post a Comment