Labels

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

                                              Biomedical Engineer



Duties and Responsibilities: Biomedical engineers combine biology, medicine, and engineering and use advanced knowledge of engineering and science to solve medical and health-related problems. Biomedical engineers design massive MRI machines along with the microscopic machines used in surgery. They research and develop prostheses, evaluate the use of artificial organs, and improve instrumentation used in hospitals and clinics.


Salary:$35,301-$64,528


Education: A bachelor's degree is the first step for engineers because most careers in the field require the degree as an entry level requirement. Biomedical engineers often combine formal training in mechanical and electronics engineering with focused biomedical training to operate confidently in the field. Unlike many engineering fields, many entry-level biomedical engineers hold a master's degree.Some schools provide undergraduate degrees in biomedical engineering and typical coursework includes instruction in neural engineering fundamentals; biofluid mechanics; engineering electrophysiology; diagnostic imaging physics; and drug design, development, and delivery.





Reflection:  From the beginning I knew that being a Biomedical Engineer wouldn't be the career for me the title of it said it all. If I knew I was good in biology or anything related to science then maybe yes I would take it into consideration. But I know I'm not and I rather not struggle with it. I rather study something I'm good at and that i'll actually enjoy doing. I like a challenge but when I'm willing to put the effort in it and with this career I highly doubt I want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment