Labels

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

                                                        Final: Part1
                    
         In my group we were only three people; Yasmin, Michael and me. Our topic was legalizing marijuana and the benefits it would have if we do legalize it. My role for this presentation was the counterargument. I had to focus on the cons and rebutting them. Having to do the project itself was not my challenge because politics has always been my passion; what I found more difficult was speaking in front of people and making sure I got my point across without passing our time limit. I have to admit it was stressful because sometimes my group members were not on tasks and were behind. We would argue and sometime met up. I had to stay constantly on them in order to make sure we would not fall behind. Even though we did fight and have our arguments on the day of the presentation I believe my group and I did a magnificent job.  We were confident about our debate and presented ourselves very well. Our rehearsals were not so good because we would fool around but I'm happy that the day our presentation we pulled ourselves together and gave it our all. Besides all the negative things that happen and the stress we were all in I honestly would not mind doing something like this again. It help me by learning speech skills and not being afraid of presenting in front of people. I took the mistakes and places where I felt I needed improvement as learning lessons so by next time I will create a better presentation. In my old school we never had assignment or presentation like this; this was all new to me. I enjoyed every minute of it the only thing I would probably change is having more waters for the helpers. Not only was I in charge of my appointment but also since I'm in leadership I was in charge of decorating and cleaning up our hallways so they can look presentable for our visitors. But that was not all of my job I was also assigned to be a host like every other student in leadership to keep things organized and help anyone who was lost. Each one of us had a class to take care of. I had to balance being a host and my presentation, although it was tough work and at the end of the night I had blisters from my high heels this is an experience I would not mind doing all over again. 
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment