Labels

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

                 Ear, Nose and Throat 
                        (ENT) Doctor


 Duties and Responsibilities: Physicians specializing in otolaryngology are called otolaryngologists or "ENT doctors" and often treat children with persistent ear, nose, and throat conditions to include surgery. Adult patients often seek treatment from an otolaryngologist for sinus infections, age-related hearing loss, and cancers of these regions.



Salary: $184,650-$368,777 


Education:Otolaryngologists are physicians who, in the United States, complete at least five years of surgical residency training. This is composed of one year in general surgical training and four years in otolaryngology–head and neck surgery. (In the past it varied between two and three years of each.) In Canada, practitioners complete a five-year residency training after medical school. Following residency training, some otolaryngologists complete an advanced subspecialty fellowship where training can be 1–2 years in duration. In the United States and Canada, otolaryngology is one of the most competitive specialties in medicine in which to obtain a residency position following medical school.


Reflection:   Being a ENT Doctor is not something I think I would enjoy doing. Dealing with the ears and nose seems like the nasty parts of the body. Maybe they are not but if it's not my nose or ears I wouldn't like to be looking into other peoples. The throat might be something I would like to help others with since I sometimes have pains that I would like to know what might work for me. But in average I wouldn't like to study in this career. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment