Labels

Thursday, November 20, 2014

                 Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day
   


                 Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the United States as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving has its historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, and has long been celebrated in a secular manner as well.It became an official Federal holiday in 1863, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day of "Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens", to be celebrated on the last Thursday in November. Also, there are reports that the original Thanksgiving proclamation was signed by George Washington. As a federal and public holiday in the U.S., Thanksgiving is one of the major holidays of the year. Together with Christmas and New Year, Thanksgiving is a part of the broader holiday season.


    


  • I'm thankful for the family that I have.
  • I'm thankful that I'm in good health.
  • I'm thankful for the things I have.
  • I'm thankful for god letting me wake up every morning.
  • I'm thankful for the people that love me and care for me besides my family.
  • I'm thankful for being able to eat every day.
  • I'm thankful the water we still have.
  • I'm thankful for the people who have always helped me in my time of need.
  • I'm thankful that my teachers care about education.
  • I'm thankful for having a principal who cares so much about my education and what I will accomplish after high school.
  • I'm thankful for every experience that I have encountered because that's what made me become mature.
  • Lastly I also thank those who have once hurt me or lied to me because if it were not for them I would have never know what is the real world and  be the person I am today. The fact that I have experience those feelings I'm able to understand how a person will feel if I did the same thing and that's why I thank those people for giving me the experience so I won't do it to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment