Labels

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

                                       Veterans Day

                          





                           Veterans Day is an official United States holiday that honors people who have served, are serving or will serve in the U.S Armed Forces. It is a federal holiday that is celebrated on November 11 held on the anniversary of the end of World War I. In this holiday we get the opportunity to thank each and every person who has risk their lives fighting in war to protect us and our nation. My older brother served in the marines and died giving his life to our nation, since he turn 18 he left and passed away at the age of 27. That was always his dream to defined our homeland and protect it that's why I know that he is in a better place and that he died doing what he wanted. Not only did my older brother served in the marines but also my second brother joined the air force and as of right now he is actually in training. I know what it feels like to lose the people you love to war but I know my brothers death waste in vain and I know that in my heart he was doing the right thing. That's why I thank each and soldier, marine, air force and navy who are out there risking their lives for the protection of our nation and self.

No comments:

Post a Comment